The Student Newspaper of Plano West Senior High School

Jacob Stephens, Football, Trinity Valley Community College

Football is one of the most popular high school sports, and the players have several goals in mind; one common one? Getting recruited to a college football team. Senior and football player Jacob Stephens had this goal fulfilled and was recruited to Trinity Valley Community College. 

“With Covid-19 making a big impact on my recruiting,” Stephens said. “Trinity Valley CC has given me a chance to continue playing the sport I love at the college I love.” 

Stephens continued on to explain why Trinity Valley was the perfect fit for him and why he picked it.

“[Pick] somewhere you feel at home,” Stephens said. “Somewhere that is going to make you a better person.”

Stephens has plans outside of football for his time in college and what he wants to do.

“[I want to] start my own business up,” Stephens said. “And invest time in it during school.”

Football coach Tyler Soukup thinks from what he has seen with Jacobs playing that he will do quite well in college football with processing coaching and what is happening in the game. 

“I noticed right away that Jacob had a very mature and calming presence about him,” Soukup said. “He was able to perform at a high level without that nervousness I have come to know from teenagers.”